Monday, November 23, 2009

Consistency

God I suck at consistency. Here, in life, in pretty much everything. I need to learn to do things on a regular basis. You know...stuff like eating breakfast, sleeping, waking up on time. Unfortunately this also runs over into my past times as well. I can't see m to get a consistent training program going now that I'm getting back to Triathlons.

Much of the time, I'm motivated to get going. Work has a sneaky way of disrupting the best laid plans though. My boss sucks at planning, so I get a day's notice a lot of the time for working overtime. Sometimes, I even get notice an hour before I'm supposed to go home that he wants me to stay late! How can I live and train like that?

Like I said earlier, I'm getting back to triathlons. Hopefully I can get back to the shape I was in 3 years ago before I got hurt. I think that the key to that is getting a chance to work out regularly--staying consistent. I need to realize that in order to do this, I'll have to get up at 4:30 am to run and ride the trainer in the garage in the evening. Maybe I cansplurge and get a compu-trainer to keep my mind engaged.

Maybe I can even begin to get some consistency here too.

No comments: