Tuesday, April 7, 2009

On the road...again!

Once again I find myself on the road for work. For a while, this was a nice distraction from life. Now, however, my trips have become my life and inevitably life must accompany me on the road. Solving life’s little problems is much more complicated from a hotel room. Without the ability to run to the store or check snail mail, frustration levels mount.

I’ve been starting to look for a new job. This is a difficult prospect at best in these uncertain economic times. Many companies are choosing to put a hold on new hiring deciding instead to do more with less. I guess the “Marine Corps Mentality” is easily adapted when necessary. I’m really sick of being unappreciated at work and being looked at as an uneducated “technician.” I’m lumped into the same category as the GED holding 23 year old who has to be told to do everything short of tie his shoes....multiple times. I’m also starting to wear out my shoulder doing the strenuous work that parachute rigging and test jumping entail.

I’ve got a pre-op appointment on Thursday for yet another surgery on my shoulder. I hope that this one will be a more complete and permanent solution to my injury.

Other than that, life is....well....life!

Namaste,
Adam

No comments: