Saturday, May 10, 2008

Darren Main-Friday

I went to Darren Main’s workshoplast night. It was such an amazing experience. Of course, I didn’t expect anything less. We started the evening with a Yoga practice led by Darren. We spent two hours working through several asanas. Darren definitely knows how to force you to your edge and beyond. I actually got into the splits last night! This is the first time that I have been able to do that since High School.

Following our practice, Darren led a discussion on yoga, it’s roots and it’s meaning. It was very insightful and I ended up being very vocal in the group. I shared many of my experiences in life and how yoga is allowing me to deal with those traumas and deepen my spirituality. We had a few new yogis in the discussion who were still searching for the spiritual side of yoga. I was the same way when I started and then it just hit me one day. I came to my mat and suddenly I was able to look inside myself and evaluate my feelings and emotions. I’ve been able to cope with many of my life experiences through yoga. It really has been amazing.

Darren wants to interview me for his podcast because he feels that my story of using yoga to deal with combat related PTSD is very inspirational. I guess I never thought of it that way, but if my story can help just one other person, then I’d be glad to share my story with the general yoga public.

Today is an advanced pranic breathing class. I’m told that it is life changing; that it will change the way that I practice yoga and deepen my spiritual connection with myself. I’m looking forward to it.

If you want more info on Darren’s classses, check out his website at www.darrenmain.com


With love and peace,
Adam

No comments: