Saturday, May 10, 2008

Darren Main-Saturday

Another amazing workshop with Darren. Today we studied Pranic breathing and the opening of our subconscious. I was open to the whole idea of transcending our conscious self and releasing the emotions that we have pushed down inside for years.

I found today’s practice very moving and truly life changing. I had moments of uncontrollable tears, relived pain, and sheer joy. For a moment, I even think Shiva made his presence known to me. He is the Hindu god of transformation. I think that his presence with me was very appropriate.

Our practice lasted over an hour and it seemed like minutes. We were totally consumed by the rhythm of our breathing and the sensations flowing through our bodies. There was definitely a wealth of energy flowing through us.

While I was open to this whole experience, the outcome of my practice today is completely astonishing. I have found a deeper meaning to life and a more spiritual outlook on yoga. I am going to focus on my breath more in class now that I know and understand how powerful it is.

I hope you all can find the peace that I have one day.

A

No comments: