Sunday, May 4, 2008

5-4-08

I haven't really had much to say lately. I've just been living, I guess. I went skydiving yesterday. It was the first time in a while that I was able to jump just for fun. All of my jumps for the past few months have been for work. I got to see some of my friends from the DZ and from the Marines that I haven't seen in a while.

I still haven't been satisfied in life. I don't know what it's going to take to make me feel like I've "arrived." I've got friends and family. I have a wonderful son that I adore more and more every day. I still can't seem to find the piece that's missing.

That's kind of been my theme lately...."Something's missing." I've been searching for months, years to find the piece that's missing. Trying to define my life in a certain way. Every time I think I get close, it ends up not being what I was looking for.

I think many of us find our place in different ways. Some of use define ourselves by the work that we do. Others use their contributions to mankind or their families as their measure of self. I've had all of these things be very positive for me yet I still feel empty. I still feel incomplete. This reminds me of a quote from Ronald Reagan, 40th President of the United States......

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem."

I've never wondered if I've ever made a difference. I know that I have. I just don't feel like it has made a difference in my own life.

Until I find what it is that I'm looking fo, the search continues......

Peace,
Adam



No comments: