Wednesday, February 10, 2010

I'm baaaack!

        Ok, so it’s been two months. (see my two posts below)

        I really think that having a place to write is pretty cool, but I still suck at it. It seems like I always have better things to do. I guess I just think that I have to write a long, drawn out post every time. I guess one little post on a regular basis would be better than every two months.

        I’m full swing into training now. I’ve got a triathlon on the 27th. It’s a “reverse,” sprint triathlon. It should be pretty easy and a nice chance to put a number on and test myself. so far, I’ve lost almost 40 lbs and 8% body fat. I can’t wait to get back to racing weight.

        I’ve got two long course races this year and a couple olympic distance races. I think that’s a fairly reasonable schedule. Next year though, it’s time for more Ironman races. I’m going to try to qualify for Kona as many times as I can before I die! Maybe someday, I’ll even try a double! Many people think I’m crazy for training, but it makes me feel good. Yesterday I ran almost 16 miles by accident. People ask me how I can run that far “by accident.” For those of you that are runners or know me, you will realize how easy it is. When you’re out on the road with just your thoughts, it’s easy to “zone out” and just keep plugging along on your run. I looked at my watch yesterday and I was at 8 miles.....and still had to make it back to the hotel. I felt great after and am only a little tired today. I was going to skip my workout today, but I think that I’ll do an easy 4 miles just to loosen the legs up a bit.

        I’ll work on the consistency for next time.

No comments: