Thursday, February 18, 2010

Bike Day, Vol. 2

So my bike showed up on time today.  I got the call about 11:30.  I took a long lunch to go pick it up, get the seat post cut and make sure everything was all set.  I got to the shop to find that the brakes and headset were missing and the head tube was smashed in with the carbon cracked.  This was the last frame Specialized had.....

Surf City Cycles are a bunch of great guys.  If you're ever in HB, check them out.  Here's the solution they came up with:

They are tearing apart a full Transition bike and giving me the frame....easy right...not really.  The complete bikes come with an Specialized proprietary BB and crank sooo.....I get a $700 carbon crank and BB for free and they're over-nighting the new frame, so I only have to wait another day!

Like I said, Sean and the guys are great.  Not too many bike shops around without at least one retard....this shop is retard-less! 

I'll get some pics up as soon as i get it.

A

1 comment:

ann said...

I see a new ad campaign coming..."We are retard-less" or "our new retard-less store" Maybe not too PC....but funny.